Applications for Crossroads 2021 are closed!
Applications must include three pieces:
An Executive Summary (2 pages max)
Your pitch deck
Your pitch video (3-5 minutes)
Be sure to read our Tips & Tricks before you prepare your materials. Then click below to open the application form and submit your materials!
Applications are now closed! Register to watch the finals.
Tips & Tricks
Your Executive Summary should be no longer than 2 pages. An Executive Summary provides a brief overview of your startup. It should include:
- Market Size
- Business Model/Revenue Model
- Future Milestones
Your slide deck should, at minimum, address the following:
- Title (Your startup’s name)
- Customers (Show a clear understanding of who your customers are)
- The Problem (What problem, need, or pain point have you discovered?)
- Solution (Your product or service)
- Revenue Model/Business Model (How you make money)
- Go to Market Strategy (How you will find first customers and gain market traction)
- Key Next Steps (Your plans and/or your needs)
Your pre-recorded pitch should be 3-5 minutes long. We recommend that you use the Zoom platform, so that your video shows you talking and your pitch deck simultaneously. The free version has the record feature. You may want to have someone assist you with pressing the buttons so that you can focus on your presentation.
Setting counts. Tidy up your background, or consider a realistic and professional Zoom virtual background.
Judges want to see you. Make sure your light source is in front of you and not behind you. Stack your computer on books if needed to get a camera angle that is at eye level.
Practice. Practice. Practice.
And remember, since this is a pre-recorded pitch, you can record yourself more than once until you get something you’re happy with!